Hristina Beeva

Chimera Energy Corp., (OTC:CHMR) Lures Investors with the Right Keywords

by Hristina Beeva October 25, 2012
Just like the world economy, a company such as Chimera Energy Corp. (OTCQB:CHMR, CHMR message board) demands energy to run its operations. Unfortunately, the company runs on exaggerated claims for a unique, new and profitable energy technology, while the light is on red about its financials. CHMR125.png

Chimera Energy Corp. promises efficient, eco-friendly extraction of shale oil without fracking. Glossing over the fact that only shale gas, and not shale oil require fracking, and charmingly mis-spelling the process as "fracing", Chimera Energy Corp. is just about ready to solve the world's energy problems.

Just a little over a year since its incorporation, the company replaced 31-year-old founder and CEO Charles E. Grob (of unverified actual existence) with a Mr. Baldemar Rios, who claims to have worked closely with Mexican energy giant PEMEX, a completely legitimate state-owned company. The only proof that Chimera Energy has the Mexican Government's backing is a single blurry picture of Mr. Rios meeting a group of people, claimed to be PEMEX representatives of unknown rank.

One wonders what spelling mistakes could do with energy, but some credibility is lost when learning that Chimera's interests lie in the "Chicontepic" field, properly known as the Chicontepec Formation, the basin where indeed PEMEX operates. The alternative spelling of the oil field's name conveniently separates search engine results for the shifty Chimera Energy Corp. from the mainstream industry news.

The only true involvement of PEMEX with Chimera Energy Corp. is the official denial that the two companies had any contact, coming from the oil giant's Investor Relations Department. The press releases from Chimera Energy Corp. touting the amazing business relationship came fast and furious in the beginning of August, while the stock was in heavy promotion. As soon as the promotion and the press releases stopped, the stock wiped out more than 95 percent of its value.

Speaking of shifty, the company does not lease or own an office, and its phone number and servers are up to speed with today's cloud computing technology, remaining virtual and being both everywhere and nowhere. In fact, officially its offices are situated in a beautiful tower in Texas, but it turns out the Houston address is just a convenience. This convenience costs Chimera Energy Corp. about $200 a month for a virtual phone connection, not even renting a conference room for meeting people in real life.

But PEMEX is not the only giant whose fame Chimera Energy Corp. is riding. The company is indeed all too skillful in navigating virtual landscapes, coming up with amazing ratings in major search engines, offering rich information, written in a sophisticated and informative style. The company also used keywords such as "fixed interest savings" and "safe mutual funds" to appear in targeted advertising, thus easily attracting the attention of pensioners and leading them to information that appears very legitimate at first sight. Chimera Energy Corp. also paid for presentation on legitimate business news site, BusinessWire.

With press releases coming in fresh and hot again, picking up on the relationship with PEMEX, this time with Mr. Rios, the time is ripe for another pump, as the company's balance sheet shows a holding of 100 million shares at 0.1 cents which could be spilled on the market at any time, again taking advantage of the pump and potentially depressing prices.

Chimera Energy was promoted by SquawkBox Stocks and AwesomeStocks in September, two promoters now busy with Greenstone Health Corp. (OTCQB:GRST).

Comments 18

1. Guest
November 06, 2015, 02:29PM

Quotes There is one law firm--Kyros Law Group in North Quincy MA who is taking Chimera class action suits. They were not interested in mine because I didn't lose enough money ("only" $2,000), but for others on here who lost more it might be worth looking into.

2. Guest
November 05, 2015, 10:30AM

Quotes Lost nearly $2,000---doesn't sound like much, but it was my entire savings. I want to join a class-action lawsuit, but haven't been able to locate one yet. I feel cheated. When you buy stock, you know you are taking a risk, but this stock was not properly vetted, and was fraudulently sold. Anyone out there who can help?

3. Guest
July 25, 2014, 03:02PM

Quotes I am interested in a lawsuit please email me at repairman1436@cox.net

4. Guest
February 27, 2014, 02:30PM

Quotes Does anyone know of a lawsuit. I also lost money and want to persue action against these people
dhyland9508@aol.com

5. Guest
October 08, 2013, 10:02AM

Quotes PT Barnum's words still echo widely over these kind of pump and dump jerks. You'd could make a higher return on your investment with a card board sign on any city street corner.

6. Guest
June 26, 2013, 01:57PM

Quotes I lost $80,000!

7. Guest
April 02, 2013, 02:32PM

Quotes Is this Company Officially Dead?

8. Guest
November 20, 2012, 04:10PM

Quotes I usually only invest in well established companies but this is the one stock I took a shot on, trying to get in on the "ground floor". I didn't lose a fortune by any means, but this type of scam has to be prosecuted. I'm keeping my eyes open for a class action law suit.

9. Guest
November 19, 2012, 09:40PM

Quotes I'm sure this a total scam...I thought so from the beginning but my greed got the best of me. I'm glad i stopped investing before i lost a fortune. I was so close to really Jumping in..I am so happy I'm not broke over this. I wish we could all fry these pricks!!

10. Guest
November 13, 2012, 11:45AM

Quotes i want a class action lawsuit email me for orgnaztion info flaviusonmoon@gmail.com

11. Guest
November 11, 2012, 05:41PM

Quotes IT SEEMS LIKE YOU CAN'T TRUST ANYTHIMG ANY MORE. I DONT HAVE MUCH BUT WHAT EXTRA I DID HAVE I PUT INTO THIS STOCK. NOW IT LOOKS LIKE I GOT TAKEN. THIS PERSON SHOULD BE PUTIN PRISON

12. Guest
November 06, 2012, 11:56AM

Quotes Anyone here of any class action lawsuit against Chimera. I'm in!

13. Guest
November 05, 2012, 11:26AM

Quotes This stock is costing me a lot of money! The business plan sounds really good, and still does. I wonder what the outcome will be, just figures on my luck!

14. Guest
October 25, 2012, 07:58PM

Quotes SEC issued a trading halt. Company is most likely a total scam.

15. Guest
October 25, 2012, 05:26PM

Quotes Speaking of credibility, you as the author should do a little homework of your own as it is obvious that you know less than you portray about the oilfield. It is not at all unusual for people in the industry (like myself) to spell 'Fracking' without the 'k'. My own emails routinely go out spelled this way. Fracking (however you spell it) IS required to produce shale oil as well as gas, the terms 'field' and 'formation' are often used interchangeably as well, and while this particular company may in fact prove to be a scam their claims are that they are removing the 'hydraulic' part of the equation and not fracking per se since they call for the use of helium as their 'frac' agent instead of water.

16. Guest
October 25, 2012, 04:10PM

Quotes so does chimera even have a chance at being a legit company now that Mr. Rios is in office?

17. Guest
October 25, 2012, 12:51PM

Quotes It's a stock scam.

18. Guest
October 25, 2012, 09:32AM

Quotes If it´s so efficient the "new method" why they didnt tried it in the US. Am almost sure that this is another corruption, scam... to Pemex who later on will say: Am sorry we didn´t know that the method was a scam, but indeed they and other officials from Mexico will get lots of money, for theirselves of course and Pemex will end paying for that "mistake", it´s a shame because am Mexican

Type the characters that you see in the box (5 characters).